Big news this week!
- From what is proving to be a reliable source, the 2019 Corvette ZR1 is rolling off the assembly line. Who provided this news? Mike Davenport, a car salesman at Bachmann Chevrolet in Louisville, Kentucky is the same who broke the Internet by claiming to have the rear quarters from a mid-engined C8 Corvette last summer. You can see the image on his Instagram profile.
- Last week I mentioned that I felt that Chevrolet shouldn’t make a ZR1 in a convertible. Quite a few agreed with me! I thought I would get a lot more static about it so I am surprised. If you haven’t heard last week’s episode yet, check it out here.
This week’s VetteCast is brought to you by Engraved Blueprint Art. Get a custom, one-of-a-kind blueprint in your choice of materials of your car, your engine, or just about anything else. Check out the options at engravedblueprintart.com and use coupon code vettecast for 10% off your order! Don’t forget, they make great gifts!
- Also last week I mentioned about Dan Parker, who wants to be the fastest blind man in the world, and doing it in a Corvette. Here is is Facbeook page for his mission: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DanParkerQuestForTheSalt. He also has a GoFundMe page set up for his project. All the details are here:
- Do you run nitrous oxide in your Corvette? If so, I’d like to hear the details. Drop me a line at 615-797-VETT and leave a message telling me about it.
NEW CONTEST! – Call into the voice mail hotline and leave a message Corvette related for a chance to win a Corvette Prize Pack with shirt, hat, and more! Tell me about your Corvette, an event or ask a question about a previous show. Anything Corvette-related works! 615-797-VETT. I already have some leftover entries from the previous contest, so they are already entered.
- And finally, from the “what the hell were they thinking?” department: